You are searching about Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football, today we will share with you article about Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football is useful to you.
Top 25 Poll – Week 10 – No. 1 – Auburn, Until They Lose
The AP Top 25 and Coaches Top 25 college football polls are nationally recognized, but after watching and/or covering college football games for 50+ years and as a former sports editor for a daily newspaper, here’s another view:
You can flip a coin between Oregon and Auburn, they’re that close. I’ll stick with Auburn until they lose.
1) Auburn (10-0) – beat AA Chattanooga 62-24, a poor choice of opponent this time of the season or any time of the season. That said, Auburn needs to get serious now. The Tigers host Georgia and will travel to Alabama for their final two games. Auburn needs to win out if they want to advance to the national championship game. You may like Oregon No. 1 (The AP and Coaches Top 25 poll like the Ducks over Auburn), but the Tigers can claim something no other team can, beating 4 top 25 opponents – Mississippi State, South Carolina, Arkansas and LSU.
2) Oregon (9-0) – Just beat Washington 53-16 after the Huskies struggled to keep up with them in the first half. The Ducks lead the nation in scoring offense (54+) and total offense (567+) and are 13th in scoring defense (17+). Oregon has had an offense in recent years, now the Ducks have a defense as well. Oregon has beaten only one ranked team, Stanford. Oregon will earn its stripes – The Ducks must still host Arizona and travel to California and Oregon State for their annual Civil War game against the Beavers.
3) LSU (8-1) – Upset Alabama (now 7-2) 24-21 in key SEC showdown. Has beaten 3 currently ranked opponents – Mississippi State, Florida and Alabama – and only lost to Auburn. Next up is Louisiana Monroe, and a big win is needed to stay here. Sorry, Boise State and TCU, you should wait in line until you play and beat some ranked teams instead of pushovers.
4) Wisconsin (8-1) – The Badgers won an away game against Purdue 34-13, which isn’t a huge deal, but they did something that undefeated Boise State and TCU didn’t – beat two top 25 teams. teams, Ohio State and Iowa. Next host Indiana.
5) Boise State (8-0) – Recorded a stunning 42-7 win over Hawaii at home, but only beat No. 1 seed Virginia Tech. Travels to Idaho this week looking for another easy win against another easy opponent.
6) TCU (10-0) – Crushed unbeaten Utah 47-7, proving that Utah really wasn’t very good for an unbeaten team. Next host San Diego State. Only beat a 1 ranked team, Utah, and we saw how good the Utes are – they’re not. You could argue that horned frogs are much better than Utah, but who knows. Until Utah, TCU has played a bunch of collective stiffs.
7) Michigan State (9-1) – bounced back from its first loss of the season to clobber Minnesota, 31-8. Wisconsin has defeated a ranked team. Only 3 other teams have ever reached 9 wins – Auburn, Oregon and TCU. The Spartans are inactive this week.
8) Stanford (8-1) – Outscored No. 13 Arizona 42-17. Next up is a trip to Arizona State to face the Sun Devils, who are reeling from a road loss to Southern Cal 34-33.
9) Nebraska (8-1) – The Cornhuskers pulled off a very lame 31-30 win over Iowa State in overtime. They were lucky to win. After leading 24-10, they pulled away late in the 4th quarter, scoring twice against Iowa State to send the game into OT. Cornhuskers have dual personalities – good and bad. That said, they have also beaten two ranked teams, Oklahoma State and Missouri.
10) Alabama (7-2) – Lost a close one on the road to LSU, 24-21. It still has a chance to show its stuff while hosting two ranked teams, Mississippi State and Auburn. Wins against two ranked teams, Arkansas and Florida.
11) Iowa (7-2) – Just squeaked by Indiana on the road, 18-13. A win over a ranked team, Michigan State. Next travels to the northwest, and their pass defense is good to have together.
12) Arkansas (7-2) – Just beat South Carolina 41-20 in an away game, their first win over a ranked team. Only losses to Auburn and Alabama.
13) Mississippi State (7-2) – Was inactive this week. Only lost to Auburn 17-14 and an away game at LSU. Not many other teams can say that with 7 wins. Florida beat a ranked team. Now it’s time to head to Alabama and face the Crimson Tide, which will tell us a lot about the Mississippi State Bulldogs.
14) Arizona (7-2) – Just lost on the road at Stanford, 42-17. Iowa has defeated a ranked team. Next host Southern California. Good luck, Wildcats. SC (6-3) has decided they can win games again, and they just qualified.
15) South Carolina (6-3) – Just lost to Arkansas. The Gamecocks season has begun to unfold. They have a win over Alabama, a ranked team, which not many teams can say. Travels to Florida next, and can’t afford another loss.
16) Texas A&M (6-3) – Beat No. 11 Oklahoma 33-19 and the Sooners are in a slump. Oklahoma State, Arkansas and Missouri, all ranked teams, lost. Decided to beat the ranked team for a change. Has played the 26th toughest schedule. Next Baylor needs to travel and the Bears win.
17) Hawaii (7-3) – Just got beat badly on the road at Boise State, 42-7. Idle this week, then hosts San Jose State, a real underdog. Nevada has defeated a ranked team.
18) Ohio State (8-1) – Inactive last week. Considered a big deal, but has yet to beat a ranked team. Next up is the Penn State Nittany Lions, who have lost to Alabama, Iowa and Illinois. So, how good are the Buckeyes? I will let you know when they play and beat someone. Ranked high by others only on reputation, not performance. Played only the 87th toughest schedule, second-worst among current AP Top 25 teams.
19) Oklahoma State (8-1) – 55-28 win over Baylor. Can’t beat a ranked team. Next travels to Texas and must win to stay here. Ranked high by others only on reputation, not performance.
20) Missouri (7-2) – Beat Nebraska on the road, and now Texas Tech on the road, 24-17. Is Missouri really that good? The Tigers have yet to beat a ranked team. Next up is host Kansas State, and it better be ready to win. Kansas State is back on the map at 6-3 and could give a crap about Missouri.
21) Oklahoma (7-2) – Just came off an embarrassing loss to Texas A&M, 33-19. The Sooners aren’t that tough, they haven’t beaten a ranked team yet. Defeated 4 weaker opponents by a total of 20 points. Next host Texas Tech.
22) Nevada (8-1) – Just had a road workout against Idaho and beat the Vandals 63-17. undefeated a ranked team. Fresno travels to State next and must win to stay in this poll.
23) Utah (8-1) – Just got hammered at home by TCU, 47-7. undefeated a ranked team. Next travels to Notre Dame and gets a better win or I’m taking them out of this poll.
24) Florida (6-3) – The Gators are hanging on after beating Alabama, LSU and Mississippi State in consecutive weeks. Give them credit. A sixth win qualified them for the bowls. Has yet to beat a ranked team. Host South Carolina must beat the Gamecocks to stay ahead and viable.
25) Central Florida (7-2) – Just beat Houston, 40-33. Did not beat a ranked team, but neither did Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Utah, Oklahoma, Missouri, Nevada or Florida. Central Florida next hosts southern Mississippi.
This coming week could be the dullest of the entire season as only two games feature pit-ranked teams – No. 17 Mississippi State at No. 11 Alabama and No. 22 South Carolina traveling to No. 24 Florida. Whoever loses the latter game can drop right out of the AP Top 25 poll.
Copyright © 2010 Ed Bagley
Video about Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football
You can see more content about Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football
If you have any questions about Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football
Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football
way Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football
tutorial Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football
Did Baylor Play Oklahoma In The Regular Season In Football free
#Top #Poll #Week #Auburn #Lose