You are searching about Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year, today we will share with you article about Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year was compiled and edited by our team from many sources on the internet. Hope this article on the topic Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year is useful to you.
Top 25 Poll – Week 11 – No 1 – The Auburn Tigers, Until They Lose
The AP Top 25 and Coaches Top 25 college football polls are nationally recognized, but after watching and/or covering college football games for 50+ years and as a former sports editor for a daily newspaper, here’s another view:
No. 1 is now clearly Auburn, and here’s why:
1) Auburn (11-0) – Spotted Georgia 3 quick touchdowns, but still won by 18 points, 49-31. Only a trip to Alabama stands between the Tigers and a perfect regular-season record. Despite all the bad press last week for Auburn and its Heisman-candidate Cam Newton, they responded well to the pressure. There are no wimps in hometown Auburn at this point. Only 1 of the AP Top 25 teams has beaten 4 ranked opponents and that is Auburn. Only 8 other teams out of 25 have beaten 2 opponents. Stop talking about Boise State and TCU, who have only beaten 1 ranked opponent all year – talk about a lack of competition.
2) Oregon (10-0) – The high-powered Duck offense (leading nationally in offense and total offense) suddenly looked like they could be beat, with a 15-13 win over California. Games against Arizona and Oregon State are still to come. Oregon has defeated 2 ranked teams, Stanford and Southern California.
3) LSU (9-1) – An ineligible, in-state Louisiana Monroe team, 51-zip. They feel wrong. Has beaten 2 currently ranked opponents – Mississippi State and Alabama – and only lost to Auburn. Next up is host Mississippi.
4) Wisconsin (9-1) – Indiana 83-20, Badgers’ best offensive performance in 95 years! Has beaten two top 25 teams, Ohio State and Iowa. Now a trip to Michigan’s Big House and a showdown with Denard Robinson.
5) Boise State (9-0) – 52-14 blowout around a limping Idaho team. Next up is Fresno State; The Bulldogs should be a little tougher than the Idaho Vandals. Only beat the No. 1 team, Virginia Tech. Only here because they remain 1 of 4 undefeated teams.
6) TCU (11-0) – The Horned Frogs, who lead the nation in defense and total defense, gave up 35 points and 300 yards to State Diego State before winning 5, 40-35. Only 1 ranked team has been beaten, Utah, which lost to Notre Dame 28-3 this week. In its final game, it plays 173rd-ranked New Mexico, a real smile for tough competition. Only here because they remain 1 of 4 undefeated teams, no surprise considering the level of their competition.
7) Michigan State (9-1) – Was inactive this week. They have a lot of wins against lower ranked teams, but have also beaten the only ranked team, Wisconsin, a very good team that is 9-1. Host Purdue is next, ranked 93rd and not a powerhouse at 4-6.
8) Stanford (9-1) – Not impressive in a 17-13 win over Arizona State. Defeated 2 ranked opponents – Southern California and Arizona. Now it’s on to California, where the Bears just lost to No. 1 Oregon, 15-13. The Cardinals better be ready or they will have to lose for the second time this year. A big win against California would give Stanford more upside.
9) Nebraska (9-1) – The pesky Cornhuskers just held Kansas to 87 yards, 5 first downs and 6 sacks in a 20-3 win. It’s a good thing Nebraska has a defense with its on-again, off-again offense. Has defeated two ranked teams, Oklahoma State and Missouri. Travel to Texas A&M this week.
10) Alabama (8-2) – Beat No. 17 Mississippi State 30-10. Wins against two ranked teams, Arkansas and Mississippi State. It’s hanging in there despite losses to South Carolina and LSU. Next AA plays Georgia State, an absolute joke. The Crimson Tide made Georgia State feel good about staying here.
11) Arkansas (8-2) – Just beat UTEP 58-21. Has beaten 2 ranked teams Texas A&M and South Carolina. Only losses to Auburn and Alabama. Next up is a trip to Mississippi State.
12) Oklahoma State (9-1) – Outrebounded Texas, 33-16, but the Longhorns have been weak this year. The win wasn’t that big of a deal but no other team is really doing that well. 1 ranked team – Texas A&M. Onward to Kansas. Score more points against the Jayhawks than Nebraska.
13) Southern California (7-3) – Lost 24-21 to No. 18 Arizona. The Trojans are starting to lose their mojo. Arizona was Cal’s first win over a ranked team. Next must win to travel to Oregon State and stay here.
14) South Carolina (7-3) – Defeated No. 24 Florida 36-14 to win the SEC Eastern Division title, snapping Florida’s 12-game losing streak. Never underestimate Steve Spurrier on the road in The Swamp. When he coached the Florida Gators, his record was 122-27-1 with 9 SEC East Division or Outright titles and a National Championship in 1996.
15) Ohio State (9-1) – Whipped Penn State 38-14. 1 ranked team, has defeated Miami, FL. Next up is Iowa, and better get a big win to stay here. The Buckeyes aren’t a huge deal, but neither team is down.
16) Texas A&M (7-3) – Defeated Baylor 42-30. 1 ranked opponent, defeated Oklahoma. Next up is a great opportunity for Nebraska to host the Aggies or Cornhuskers.
17) Virginia Tech (8-2) – Schooled North Carolina, 26-10. Has not beaten a single ranked opponent this season. Next travels to Maimi (not Ohio, but Florida). Victory should have no excuse for staying here.
18) Oklahoma (8-2) – Defeated Texas Tech, 45-7, but still hasn’t beaten a ranked team this year. Next up comes the Baylor Bears.
19) Nevada (9-1) – Almost croaked and choked against Fresno State, eventually winning 35-34. undefeated a ranked team. Only here because the Wolf Pack have 9 wins with a poor defense.
20) Missouri (8-2) – Falls to Kansas State 38-28. Defeated 2 ranked teams Texas A&M and Oklahoma. Next up is a trip to Iowa State, and should have a field day with an easy win.
(Ed’s note: I’m just tired of Iowa, Utah, Arizona, Mississippi State and Central Florida, all of whom lost again this week, so I’m dumping them and looking for some new blood. My new picks might not be much better. ., but they could use some recognition.)
21) San Diego State (7-3) – Scored 35 points on the nation’s best scoring defense to lead TCU to an 11-game losing streak to the Horned Frogs by just 5. Next host Utah. Good luck to the Utes, they might really need it.
22) Northwestern (7-3) – Upset No. 13 Iowa 21-17. The Wildcats have the nation’s 11th-best passing efficiency and 18th-best passing quarterback in Dan Persa. Northwestern now has wins over ranked teams, not to mention Virginia Tech, Oklahoma and Nevada. Next up is host Illinois, a real test against a solid team.
23) Northern Illinois (8-2) – Hasn’t really had good wins against tough teams, but has 8 wins, same as Nevada. Travel to the next ball state, and must win.
24) Temple (8-2) – No real big wins, but 8 wins. Next host Ohio.
25) Notre Dame (5-5) – Hey, don’t panic. Utah was only outscored 28-3. College football did itself a huge favor by exposing a team that was undefeated and 8-0 two weeks ago. The Utes first lost to TCU 47-7 and now Notre Dame has lost 28-3. TCU was the first real team that Utah played all year – apparently Notre Dame was the second. Notre Dame has a chance to become bowl eligible this week when the Fighting Irish host Army.
Major games this coming week include only 3 games with opposing ranked teams – Ohio State at Iowa, Arkansas at Mississippi State and Nebraska at Texas A&M. Other favorite games are Utah at San Diego State, Wisconsin at Michigan and Fresno State at Boise State. Watch college football on a Saturday, it sure beats hitting the leaves or shoveling snow.
Copyright © 2010 Ed Bagley
Video about Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year
You can see more content about Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year on our youtube channel: Click Here
Question about Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year
If you have any questions about Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year, please let us know, all your questions or suggestions will help us improve in the following articles!
The article Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year was compiled by me and my team from many sources. If you find the article Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year helpful to you, please support the team Like or Share!
Rate Articles Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year
Rate: 4-5 stars
Search keywords Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year
Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year
way Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year
tutorial Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year
Did Msu Beat Penn State In Football This Past Year free
#Top #Poll #Week #Auburn #Tigers #Lose